to give, contact:
CLA Office of Institutional
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
You Make Us Great
English graduates think, read, and communicate with critical intelligence, imagination, and creativity—crucial skills at a time when disparate groups must come together to solve the world’s grand challenges. The Department of English is a critical resource to the University, our local community, and the world. Your gift can help support the next generation of leaders and thinkers, translators and mediators.
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our best students with vital encouragement and financial support. It gives our award-winning faculty the resources needed to enlarge our knowledge of language, literature, and culture.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of English:
- English Annual Fund
This fund supports the Department of English at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities by providing students, faculty, and staff with the resources needed to expand our knowledge of language, literature, and culture.
- Edward M. Griffin Fellowship
Established in honor of Emeritus Professor Griffin by Jean Griffin and former students to support graduate students.
- Ivory Tower Fund
This fund supports the production of Ivory Tower, the undegraduate student literary and art magazine at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Winifred Fellowship in Creative Writing – Fiction
Provides support to third-year MFA students focusing on fiction.