For more information on ways to give, contact:
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Email: Peter Rozga (email@example.com)
For other giving options, visit
U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution of any amount provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department and immediately helps us support cultural programming and events, build community outreach, establish student scholarships, and develop faculty research. You can make a one-time gift or continuing donation.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of African American & African Studies.
- The John S. Wright Luminaries Lecture Series in Africana Studies enables our department to bring significant guest speakers regularly to campus.
- The Morrill Hall and Rachel Tilsen Social Justice Fund was established by alumni attending "We Still Have a Charge to Keep" events. This fund is used to issue annual awards to individuals and/or organizations conducting important social justice work.
- The John S. Wright Scholarship Fund enables students to travel and study abroad.
- Huntley House Living Learning Center Fund supports African American male students housed in Sanford Hall, with the goal of providing a sense of community for African American men and opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- African American and African Studies Annual Fund is used to support programming in our department.