Transforming Environments in Europe and North America: Narratives, Histories, Cultures
A Trans-Atlantic Summer Institute (TASI)
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
18-29 June 2018
The Trans-American Summer Institute is intended for advanced graduate students working toward a PhD or other terminal degree at a North American or European university. Preference will be given to students who have already defined a dissertation topic. The language of instruction is English. Competency in English and a reading knowledge of another European language are required.
The Center for German and European Studies will cover most expenses for participants. This includes:
- Housing and most meals for the duration of the Institute
- Access to library and archival materials and internet resources
- Partial travel support
Fellows enrolled at European universities will receive up to $750 to be put toward the cost of round-trip airfare to Minneapolis. Fellows enrolled at North American universities will receive up to $300 to be put toward travel expenses. We encourage fellows to apply to their home institutions to cover the remainder of their travel expenses, but matching funds are not required for participation in the Institute.
Download the 2018 TASI Application form to fill it out and send along with the other application materials.
Deadline for applications is 1 March 2018.
A complete application consists of:
- the 2018 TASI Application
- a letter of interest
- a two-page dissertation abstract, or a two-page statement about the relevance of this topic to the applicant's research
- a curriculum vitae
- an unofficial graduate transcript
- one confidential letter of recommendation by a faculty member familiar with the applicant's research project
The letter of interest should include information on the applicant's scholarly background, interests, and career goals.
Email the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.