For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Read the case statement for the Department of Geography, Environment & Society.
For other giving options, visit the U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of Geography, Environment & Society:
- Ralph H. Brown Fund
This fund supports and encourages graduate and undergraduate research and study.
- Geography Alumni, Faculty, and Friends Fellowship Fund
This fund is an endowed graduate research fund designed to recruit exceptional candidates seeking a PhD in geography.
- John R. Borchert Map Library Fund
This fund will strengthen the department's support of the map library and will strengthen the map library's support of geographic research and education.
- John Adams Scholarship
This is an endowed undergraduate scholarship awarded to geography majors at the intersection of merit and need.