Courses & Requirements
The Public Health Minor consists of:
- Two courses (4-6 credits) of Introduction to the Discipline
- Two courses (for at least 6 credits) from the Understanding Health Issues From Varying Social Scientific Contexts subcategory. These courses must come from a department within the College of Liberal Arts. There are no exceptions. No learning abroad, National Study Exchange, or transfer courses are allowed in this category.
- One course (for at least 2 credits) from the Applying Public Health Theory subcategory.
- One course (for at least 2 credits) from the Global Impact subcategory
- Note: PubH 3601 has multiple enforced prerequisites so plan accordingly. Students must have completed PubH 3001 or 3202 and PubH 3351 or 3106 (so at least 2 courses)
How to Declare
Please include your student ID number, and your major or college when contacting your advisor.
General questions may be directed to email@example.com.
- View this slideshow presentation on the Public Health Minor
- Fill out the Public Health Minor Worksheet
- Fill in any courses you may have already taken
- Write the code from the slideshow presentation on the form
- Email the completed form and any questions you have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can declare you via email, and that is probably the easiest. However, we can set up an advising meeting if you'd like. Email us to start at email@example.com.
Virtual Drop-in Advising Hours
Please note that due to COVID-19 students are to email us. There are not regular Drop-In hours.