Courses & Requirements
The public health minor consists of:
- Two courses (4-6 credits) of introduction to the discipline
- *Note: taking PUBH 3004 as one of your two introductory courses also satisfies the 2-credit Applying Public Health Theory requirement below
- Six or more credits from the Understanding Health Issues From Varying Social Scientific Contexts subcategory
- Two or more credits from the Applying Public Health Theory subcategory (*if not fulfilled by taking PUBH 3004)
- One course (two credits) from the Global Impact subcategory
- Note: each course in the subcategory has a prerequisite introductory course.
Current Course Offerings
View a list of current and upcoming course offerings.
How to Declare
Please include Student ID and major or college when contacting your advisor.
General questions may be directed to email@example.com.
- View this slideshow presentation
- Fill out the Public Health Minor Planning Form
- Fill in any courses you may have already taken
- Write the code from the slideshow presentation on the form
- Bring the completed form to a drop-in appointment with your designated CLA Public Health Minor Advisor* to officially declare the minor (drop-in hours listed below)
*Contact Geography, Environment & Society Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a:
- Biology, Society, & Environment (BSE) major
- Geography major
- Physiology major
- CBS, CFANS, CSE, or Nursing student
*Contact Sociology Advising (email@example.com: Bobby Bryant or Jason Chang)
909 Social Sciences Building if you are a:
- CLA student (except BSE, Geography, and Physiology)
- student from another college not listed above
- Inter-College Program (ICP) or Bachelors of Individualized Study (BIS) student
Drop-in Advising Hours
Please click on calendar for specific instructions.