Courses & Requirements
The public health minor consists of:
- Two courses (4-6 credits) of Introduction to the Discipline
- Note: taking PUBH 3004 as one of your two introductory courses also satisfies the 2-credit Applying Public Health Theory requirement
- Two courses (for at least 6 credits) from the Understanding Health Issues From Varying Social Scientific Contexts subcategory. These courses must come from a department within the College of Liberal Arts. There are no exceptions. No learning abroad, National Study Exchange, or transfer courses are allowed in this category.
- One course (for at least 2 credits) from the Applying Public Health Theory subcategory (if not fulfilled by taking PUBH 3004)
- One course (for at least 2 credits) from the Global Impact subcategory
- Note: each course in the subcategory has a prerequisite introductory course.
How to Declare
Please include your student ID number, and your major or college when contacting your advisor.
General questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View this slideshow presentation on the public health minor
- Fill out the Public Health Minor Worksheet
- Fill in any courses you may have already taken
- Write the code from the slideshow presentation on the form
- Email the completed form and any questions you have to: email@example.com
We can declare you via email, and that is probably the easiest. However, we can set up an advising meeting if you'd like. Email us to start at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Drop-in Advising Hours
Please note that due to COVID-19 students are to email us.