Implementing Social Justice Curricular Units: Words of Wisdom from Language Teachers
Learn about social justice curricular units developed by practitioners for intermediate-level language learners in nine languages. In this webinar, curriculum developers from CARLA's Social Justice in Language Education initiative share successes, challenges, and practical advice based upon their experiences developing social justice curricular units and implementing them in their classrooms. The conversation will highlight free resources from the CARLA website that language teachers can download and adapt for their own contexts.
- Stephanie Anderson is a Senior Teaching Specialist of Spanish and Portuguese in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies at the University of Minnesota.
- Sara Finney is a Senior Lecturer and the Intermediate Spanish Coordinator in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies at the University of Minnesota.
- Ashlie Henery is a Lecturer and the Coordinator of First-Year French in the Department of French and Italian at the University of Minnesota.
- Ilknur Lider is the Turkish Program Coordinator and Instructor in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Katrien Vanpee is a Senior Lecturer and the Director of Arabic Language Instruction in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Minnesota.
Note for those unable to attend: This webinar will be recorded and posted on the Social Justice in Language Education workshop series webpage. Register if you would like to know when the webinar has been posted.