to give, contact:
CLA Office of Institutional
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Read the case statement for
the School of Statistics.
You Make Us Great
The School of Statistics is committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities for our students. Dedicated faculty and clinicians implement the most current research and innovative teaching strategies to facilitate classroom and practical experiences.
Your tax-deductible contribution encourages our students and provides them with vital financial support. It supports an acclaimed faculty in their research and their education of our students. It sustains a department that stands as a shining example of innovative scholarship and excellence in education.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: Although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit- and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit outstanding students.
- An excellent and competitive graduate program: Faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. Ensuring the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs allows us to attract and compete for the brightest students and the best faculty.
- A distinguished faculty: Maintaining lines of tenure and supporting interdisciplinary programs and research centers help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty, many of whom are leaders in their field of study. These faculty in turn attract outstanding undergraduates and graduates, and the circle of excellence is continued.
Choose a Fund
Your generous support for the School of Statistics is more critical than ever in the era of decreasing state funding. You may contribute to any of our three funds.
- Department of Statistics Annual Fund
This fund provides unrestricted support for educational initiatives and student activities. Unrestricted gifts offer flexibility and provide seed money that can be used to create new directions and opportunities for both students and faculty.
- Statistics Alumni Fellowship Fund
This fund supports not only the alumni fellow each year, but also helps fund summer fellowships for all our PhD students during their first three years of study. This enables each student to get real consulting experience and begin research projects earlier in their career. As a practical matter, it is a way to get more money to students and helps us attract and retain the very best students.
- Seymour Geisser Fellowship in Statistics
The Geisser Fellowship is not yet self-sustaining. Once its endowment reaches a level at which grants can be made out of income, it will make awards to PhD students to help with research-related costs such as conference attendance.