Recently Admitted Students
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
We want to help you make a smooth transition to your academic career in the College of Liberal Arts (CLA). You are in the right spot if you have already applied and been admitted to CLA.
Please read the descriptions below and follow the links that correspond to what type of new student you are. You will find information summarizing the steps new students must take to be admitted and the orientation process they must follow before registering for classes.
Freshman students have never been admitted as degree-seeking before (including students that have completed college credits before graduating high school). This includes:
- high school graduates or equivalent
- PSEO students (Post Secondary Enrollment Options)
- College in the Schools participants
Transfer students have registered at other colleges or universities as a degree-seeking student before (including non-degree seeking students that have completed college credits after graduating high school). This includes students transfering from:
- outside the University of Minnesota system
- coordinate U of M campuses (Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester).
- other colleges within the U of M Twin Cities campus