Mr Lalit K Batra
- Geography, Environment and Society
- Liberal Arts
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Geography, Environment & Society, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, May 2019.
- M.A.: Sociology, Pondicherry University, India, 2009.
- B.A.: History, Economics, English Literature, Hindi Literature, University of Delhi, India, 2000.
- Global urbanism; Postcolonial urban theory; Cities in the Global South
- Labor and political economy; Labor in South Asia; Precarious labor
- Dalit theory; Critical race theory; Comparative studies of caste & race
- The City Revealed as a Long Debate: Batra, Lalit, Biblio: A Review of Books, XXI: 9-11 , 2016. Link
- Resource Needs and Pedagogical Value of Web Mapping for Spatial Thinking: Batra, Lalit, Manson, S. M., J. Shannon, S. Eria, Kne, L., Dyke, K.R., Nelson, S., Batra, L., Bonsal, D., Kernik, M., Immich, J.L., and L. Matson., Journal of Geography, 113 (3) 107-117, 2014.
- Middle Class Mobilization, Urban Reforms, and the Politics of Bhagidari: Observations from New Delhi: Batra, Lalit, Routledge India, Participolis: Consent and Contention in Neoliberal Urban India, 2013.
- The Politics of Exclusion: Slum Demolitions and World-Class Aspirations: Batra, Lalit, Chaturvedi (ed), Penguin India, Finding Delhi: Loss and Renewal in the Megacity, 2012.
- The Public and the Private: Batra, Lalit, 2012, Biblio: A Review of Books, XVII: 3-4 . Link
- Sewers and Sewerage Workers in India: Batra, Lalit, Antipode Foundation, 2012. Link
- The Politics of Exclusion: Planning, Prestige, Profits and People in Modern Delhi: Batra, Lalit, CSD, University of Westminster Working Paper Series, 1-35, 2009.
- A Review of Urbanization and Urban Policy in Post-Independent India. Batra, Lalit, CSLG, JNU Working Paper Series, Author. Link
- The Demolition of Slums and the Production of Neoliberal Space in Delhi: Batra, Lalit, Diya Mehra, Concept Publishing Co, New Delhi., Inside Transforming Urban Asia: Processes, Policies and Public Actions, 2008.
- Deconstructing the ‘World Class’ City: Batra, Lalit, Seminar, 582 42-46, 2008. Link
- Malls for Mills: Batra, Lalit, Bibio: A Review of Books, XIII: 3-4 , 2008. Link
- The Urban Poor in Globalizing India: Eviction and Marginalization. Batra, Lalit, Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi., Editor, 2007.
- The JNNURM and Urban Reforms in Globalizing India: Batra, Lalit, Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi., The Urban Poor in Globalizing India: Eviction and Marginalization, 2007.
- Master Planning the Working Class Out: Making of an Apartheid City: Batra, Lalit, Radical Notes, 2007. Link
- Neo-Liberal Delhi: Through the Lens of Yamuna Pushta Demolitions: Batra, Lalit, Diya Mehra, Draupadi Verlag, Heidelberg, Mumbai Delhi Kolkata: Approaches to Metropolitan Cities in India, 2006.
- Badalte Shehar Mein Rozgar," (In Hindi, Livelihoods in a Transforming City: Batra, Lalit, Sanchal Foundation, New Delhi, 2006.
- Draft Delhi Master Plan 2021: Blueprint for an Apartheid City. Batra, Lalit, Dunu Roy, Sanchal Foundation, Co-Editor, 2005.
- Dilli Kiski Hai?: Yojana ki Rajneeti aur Aniyojit ka Hastakshep, (Whose Delhi is it?: The Politics of Planning and Intervention of the Unplanned). Batra, Lalit, Dunu Roy, Sanchal Foundation, New Delhi, Co-Editor, 2003.
- Vanishing Livelihoods in a Global Metropolis: Batra, Lalit, Sanchal Foundation, New Delhi., Draft Delhi Master Plan 2021: Blueprint for an Apartheid City, 2005.
- Mark and Judy Yudof Fellowship on Science Policy and Ethics, September 2016 - May 2017
- GES Summer Research Travel Award, June 2016 - August 2016
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship, Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Global Change, University of Minnesota, September 2015 - May 2016
- Thesis Research Travel Grant, Graduate School, University of Minnesota, June 2015 - August 2015
- Council of Graduate Students Travel Award, 2015- - Denied
- Thomas W. Simons Dissertation Research Fellowship, American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS), July 2014 - June 2015
- Global Spotlight Masters, Professional and Doctoral Award, Global Programs and Strategy Alliance, University of Minnesota, June 2014 - August 2014
- GES Summer Research Travel Award, June 2013 - August 2013
- Council of Graduate Students Travel Award, University of Minnesota, June 2012 - August 2012