Scott D Blain
Educational Background & Specialties
- B.S.: Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, 2016.
- Social Interaction
- Corbett, B.A., Muscatello, R.A., Blain, S.D. (2016). “Impact of Sensory Sensitivity on Physiological Stress Response and Novel Peer Interaction in Children with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Frontiers in Neuroscience, 10, 278.
- Blain, S.D., Peterman, J., Park, S. (2017). “Subtle Cues Missed: Impaired Perception of Emotion from Gait in Relation to Schizotypy and Autism Spectrum Traits.” Schizophrenia Research, 183, 157-160.
- Corbett, B.A., Blain, S.D., Ioannou, S., Balser, M. (2017). “Changes in Anxiety Following a Randomized Control Trial of a Theatre-based Intervention for Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice, 21(3), 333-343.
- Edmiston, E.K., Blain, S.D., Corbett, B.A. (2017). “Salivary Cortisol and Behavioral Response to Social Evaluative Threat in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Autism Research, 10(2), 346-358.
- Aaron, R.V., Snodgress, M.A., Blain, S.D., Park, S. (2018). “Affect labeling and other aspects of emotional experiences in relation to alexithymia following standardized emotion inductions.” Psychiatry Research, 262. 115-123.
- Corbett, B.A., Blain, S.D., Edmiston, E.K. (2018). “The Role of Context in Psychosocial Stress among Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Piloting a Semi-structured, Videogame-based Paradigm.” Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 43, 20-28.
- DeYoung, C.G., Blain, S.D. (In Press). “Personality Neuroscience: Explaining Individual Differences in Motivation, Emotion, Cognition, and Behavior.” In Corr, P. J., & Matthews, G. (Eds.) (2018). The Cambridge handbook of personality psychology (pp. 323-346). New York: Cambridge University Press.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 8/2016 - 5/2021
- College of Liberal Arts, Graduate Scholar Fellowship, 9/2016 - 5/2017
- Graduate Research Fellowship, Department of Psychology and College of Liberal Arts, 9/2016 - 5/2017
- Vanderbilt University Chancellor's Scholarhip, 8/2012 - 5/2016