Scott D Blain
Educational Background & Specialties
- B.S.: Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2016.
- M.A.: Psychology, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, 2019.
- Social Neuroscience
- Personality Psychology
- Introductory Psychology (Augsburg University)
- Abnormal Psychology (Augsburg University)
- Corbett, B.A., Muscatello, R.A., Blain, S.D. (2016). “Impact of Sensory Sensitivity on Physiological Stress Response and Novel Peer Interaction in Children with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Frontiers in Neuroscience, 10, 278.
- Blain, S.D., Peterman, J., Park, S. (2017). “Subtle Cues Missed: Impaired Perception of Emotion from Gait in Relation to Schizotypy and Autism Spectrum Traits.” Schizophrenia Research, 183, 157-160.
- Corbett, B.A., Blain, S.D., Ioannou, S., Balser, M. (2017). “Changes in Anxiety Following a Randomized Control Trial of a Theatre-based Intervention for Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice, 21(3), 333-343.
- Edmiston, E.K., Blain, S.D., Corbett, B.A. (2017). “Salivary Cortisol and Behavioral Response to Social Evaluative Threat in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder.” Autism Research, 10(2), 346-358.
- Aaron, R.V., Snodgress, M.A., Blain, S.D., Park, S. (2018). “Affect labeling and other aspects of emotional experiences in relation to alexithymia following standardized emotion inductions.” Psychiatry Research, 262. 115-123.
- Corbett, B.A., Blain, S.D., Edmiston, E.K. (2018). “The Role of Context in Psychosocial Stress among Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Piloting a Semi-structured, Videogame-based Paradigm.” Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 43, 20-28.
- DeYoung, C.G., Blain, S.D. (2020). “Personality Neuroscience: Explaining Individual Differences in Motivation, Emotion, Cognition, and Behavior.” In Corr, P. J., & Matthews, G. (Eds.) The Cambridge handbook of personality psychology. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Blain, S.D., Longenecker, J.M., Grazioplene, R.G, Klimes-Dougan, B., DeYoung, C.G (2020). "Apophenia as the Disposition to False Positives: A Unifying Framework for Openness and Psychoticism." Journal of Abnormal Psychology.
- Blain, S.D., Grazioplene, R.G, Ma, Y., DeYoung, C.G (2020). "Toward a Neural Model of the Openness-Psychoticism Dimension: Functional Connectivity in the Default and Frontoparietal Control Networks." Schizophrenia Bulletin.
- Aaron, R.V., Blain, S.D., Snodgress, M.A., Park, S. (2020). "Quadratic Relationship between Alexithymia and Interoception, and Results from a Pilot Mindfulness Intervention." Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- Blain, S. D., Sassenberg, T. A., Xi, M., Zhao, D., & DeYoung, C. G. (In press). Extraversion but not Depression Predicts Reward Sensitivity: Revisiting the Measurement of Anhedonic Phenotypes. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Wang, X., Blain, S.D., Meng, J., Liu, Y., Qiu, J. (In press). Variability in emotion regulation strategy use is negatively associated with depressive symptoms. Cognition and Emotion.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 8/2016 - 5/2021
- College of Liberal Arts, Graduate Scholar Fellowship, 9/2016 - 5/2017
- Graduate Research Fellowship, Department of Psychology and College of Liberal Arts, 9/2016 - 5/2017
- Vanderbilt University Chancellor's Scholarhip, 8/2012 - 5/2016
- SPSP Diversity Travel Award
- ARP Diversity Travel Award
- SITAR Travel Award
- Council of Graduate Students (COGS) Conference Travel Grant
- Graduate Research Partnership Program