Nathan grew up in Tempe, AZ, where he completed his Bachelor of Arts in English literature at Arizona State University. During his studies at ASU Nathan interned in the Prison English program (service-learning) and for the online first-year writing courses: the Writer's Studio.
After graduating, he moved to Flagstaff, AZ to complete his Master's degree in English literature while teaching first-year writing at Northern Arizona University. He then accepted a full-time first-year writing instructor position at NAU. Next, he continued his education, receiving a second Master's degree at NAU in Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies. During this time, he also served as a graduate teaching assistant and the curriculum development team leader for the Engineering department's Design4Practice sequence.
Currently, Nathan is a Ph.D. student in the Rhetoric and Scientific & Technical Communication program. He teaches upper-level technical writing courses at the University of Minnesota. His growing research interests include Writing Pedagogies and Theory; Digital Rhetoric; and Technical Communication.
- Master of the Arts: Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, 2015-2016 -
- Bachelor of the Arts: English literature, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 2008-2012 -
- Master of the Arts: English literature, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, 2012-2014 -
- Digital rhetoric
- Writing theory and pedagogy
- Technical and professional communication