Dr. Di Zhu is an Assistant Professor of Geographic Information Science in the Department of Geography, Environment, and Society at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
The Geospatial Data Intelligence (GeoDI) Lab directed by Prof. Zhu aims at generating both theoretical and actionable insights from spatiotemporal data by exploring the frontiers that bridge geospatial information, artificial intelligence, and social sensing.
Prof. Zhu's research interests center around Geospatial Artificial Intelligence (GeoAI), Spatial Analytics, Social Sensing, and Urban Complexities. He uses integrated spatial thinking and cross-disciplinary methods to facilitate Intelligent Spatial Analytics (ISA) and Geographic Knowledge Discovery, focusing on the human-environment complexities within population, urban dynamics, public health, human mobility, spatial networks, socioeconomic sustainability, crime, business optimization, etc.
Please visit https://www.dizhu-gis.com/ for more details.
- Visiting Lecturer: SpaceTimeLab, University College London
- PhD: Cartology and Geographic Information Science, Peking University
- BSc: Cartology and Geographic Information Systems, Peking University
- BA: Economics, Peking University
- Geographic Information Science (GIScience)
- Geospatial Artificial Intelligence (GeoAI)
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis
- Urban Science
- Spatial Statistics
- Spatial Networks
- Human Mobility
- Applied Deep (machine) Learning
- Social Sensing