Di Zhu is an Assistant Professor of Geographic Information Science in the Department of Geography, Environment, and Society at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
The Geospatial Data Intelligence (GeoDI) Lab directed by Dr. Zhu aims at generating both theoretical and actionable insights from spatiotemporal data by exploring the frontiers that bridge geospatial analytics, artificial intelligence, and social sensing.
Dr. Zhu uses integrated thinking and cross-disciplinary methods to facilitate Intelligent Spatial Understanding and Geographic Knowledge Discovery, focusing on the human-environment complexities within socioeconomic sustainability, population dynamics, transport network, business, and public health.
- PhD: Cartology and Geographic Information Science, Peking University, Beijing, China, 2020
- BSc: Cartology and Geographic Information Systems, Peking University, Beijing, China, 2014
- BA: Economics, Peking University, Beijing, China, 2014
- Geographic Information Science (GIS)
- Geospatial Artificial Intelligence (GeoAI)
- Spatial Statistics
- Spatiotemporal Data Mining
- Deep (machine) Learning
- Spatial Network Modeling
- Urban Social Sensing