Emily J Groepper
Educational Background & Specialties
- BA: German, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 2008.
- MAT: Instruction & Curriculum Leadership, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, 2011.
- MA: Medieval Germanic Studies, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2018.
- Medieval Germanic Languages and Literatures
- History of Emotions
- Language Pedagogy
- GER 1003 Intermediate German - Fall 2019
- GER 3512W Imagined Communities: German and European, Culture and Controversies (TA for Dr. James Parente) - Spring 2019
- GER 3511W Vikings, Knights, Reformers: German and European Culture to 1700 (TA for Dr. James Parente) - Fall 2018
- GER 3431/5410 Literature around 1900 (with Dr. Rüdiger Singer) - Spring 2018
- GER 1001 Beginning German - Fall 2017
Research & Professional Activities
- Conference Presentation: International Congress on Medieval Studies: “Ecbasis cuiusdam captivi: A Forgotten Precursor to the Medieval Beast Epic” , May 2020
- Conference Presentation: Central States Conference on Teaching of Foreign Languages: “Working Together to Enhance Language Development in Content Courses” , March 2020
- Conference Presentation: Modern Language Association: “Deceptive Love: The Subversion of Courtly Ideals in Konrad von Würzburg’s Herzmære” , January 2020
- Conference Presentation: American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: “Advanced Speaking: Reflections on Classroom Activities and Feedback” , November 2019
- Conference Presentation: American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: “Fostering Language Development in Upper-Level Content Courses” , November 2019
- CARLA Presentation Series: “Patterns of Student Engagement and Collaboration in Speaking Activities in Upper-Level Literature Courses” , November 2019
- Conference Presentation: Pre-Modern Food Cultures: “A Devious Dish: Deception in Konrad von Würzburg’s Herzmære” , October 2019
- Conference Presentation: German Studies Association: “Intentional Curation: A Compilation of mæren as an Emotional Community in Codex 2885” , October 2019
- Conference Presentation: International Congress on Medieval Studies: "East Meets West: Understanding Wolfram von Eschenbach's Use of Nineveh as a Reference in 'Parzival'" , May 2019
- Writing Enriched Curriculum (WEC) Research Assistant: 2019-2020
- Writing Enriched Curriculum (WEC) Research Assistant: Summer 2019
- Groepper, Emily Jo, Rüdiger Singer. "Let’s Talk about Lebensreform: Speaking Interventions in a Course on German Literature around 1900." Developing Advanced Speaking Proficiency: Instructional and Curricular Models for Post-Secondary Language Program (2019): 79-109.
- Graduate Research Partnership Program (GRPP) Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota, Summer 2019
- Hella Lindemeyer Mears Fellowship, 2018 - 2019
- Newberry Renaissance Consortium Grant, Fall 2018
- Gerhard Weiss Fellowship in German Studies, Summer 2018
- Proficiency Assessment for Curricular Enhancement (PACE) project, funded by the Language Flagship, 2017 - 2018
- Graduate Research Partnership Program Fellowship (GRPP), College of Liberal Arts, Summer 2017
- Max Kade Fellowship, 2016 - 2017