Aimzhan (she/her) is a PhD candidate at the Department of Sociology, University of Minnesota. Her dissertation examines employment discrimination against custodial single fathers in the US using a mixed-method approach: a survey experiment with hiring managers and in-depth interviews with single fathers in the Midwest. More broadly, Aimzhan is interested in work-family reconciliation, unpaid care work, and how the "ideal worker" norm affects caregivers' experiences in the labor market.
- MA: Sociology, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, , 2019 -
- MSc: Gender (Research), London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK, 2013 -
- BSc: International Law, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana, Kazakhstan, 2012 -
- BSc: Politics with Economics, University of Bath, Bath, UK, 2010 -
- Gender, care work, labor market, parenthood