Daniel R Kelliher
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1985, in Political Science : .
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1975, in Chinese Language and Literature : .
- comparative politics
- rural China and peasant politics
- Pol 1054 - Repression and Democracy Around the World
- Pol 1902 - Topics: Freshman Seminar:H: Politics in Literature and Cinema
- Pol 4410 - Topics: Pol of Family, Sex & Children
- Pol 4473W - Chinese Politics
- Pol 4900V - Honors: Senior Paper
- Pol 5410 - Topics: Pol of Family, Sex & Children
- Pol 5473 - Chinese Politics
- Pol 8104 - Professional Development
- Pol 8126 Qualitative Methods
- Pol 8105 - Professional Development II
- Pol 8602 - Family, Children & the State
Research & Professional Activities
- Director of Honors, Department of Political Science, University of Minnesota:
- Cmparative Field Chair, Department of Political Science, University of Minnesota:
- CLA Honors Committee, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota:
- CLA Honors Curriculum Committee, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota:
- Carnegie Junion Fellows Selection Committee, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota:
- East Asian Studies Graduate Admissions Committee, University of Minnesota:
- MacArthur Doctoral Research Grant Selection Committee:
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers Committee on Teaching and Merit Pay, University of Minnesota:
- The Chinese Debate Over Village Self-Government: Kelliher, Daniel, The China Journal, 37 64-86, 1997.
- The Logic of Privatization: Kelliher, Daniel, The Political Economy of East Asia: China, Korea, and Taiwan, II 323-359, 1995.
- Chinese Communist Political Theory and the Rediscovery of the Peasantry: Kelliher, Daniel, Modern China, 20(4) 387-415, 1994.
- Keeping Democracy Safe from the Masses: Intellectuals and Elitism in the Chinese Protest Movement: Kelliher, Daniel, Comparative Politics, 25(4) 379-396, 1993.
- Peasant Power in China: The Era of Rural Reform, 1979-1989. Kelliher, Daniel, New Haven, Yale University Press, Author, 1992.
- Privatization and Politics in Rural China: Kelliher, Daniel, The Chinese State in the Era of Economic Reform, 1991.
- The Political Consequences of China's Reforms: Kelliher, Daniel, Comparative Politics, 18(4) 479-493, 1986.
- Best DGS Award, University of Minnesota, 2006
- Horace T. Morse-University of Minnesota Alumni Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education, 2001
- John Tate Advising Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising, University of Minnesota, 2000
- Resource Teacher, Bush Faculty Development Program on Excellence and Diversity in Teaching, 1994 - 1995
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Northwestern University, 1989