Kerry L Witherell
Speech-Language Hearing Sciences
119P Shevlin Hall
164 Pillsbury Dr SE
Educational Background & Specialties
- B.A.: Communication Disorders, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI, 2004.
- Au.D.: Audiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2007.
- Adult Audiologic services
- Implantable devices
- Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Clinics
- Pediatric Audiologic services
- SLHS 8820 - Clinical Education in Audiology
- SLHS 8801 - Electrophysiologic Assessment of Auditory Function
- SLHS 5810 - Lab Module in Audiology
- SLHS 5820 - Grand Rounds
- SLHS 8840 - Audiology Externship
Research & Professional Activities
- Minnesota State Licensed Audiologist: 2014-present:
- Washington State Licensed Audiologist: 2007-2014:
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association:
- Member: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: 2007-present:
- Member: Minnesota Speech-Lanaguage-Hearing Association: 2014-present:
- Vice President - Audiology: Minnesota Speech-Language-Hearing Association: 2015 - present:
- Fellow Member: Minnesota Academy of Audiology: 2014- present:
- Higher education representative for the MN Department of Education: Deaf/Hard of Hearing advisory committee: 2015 - 2019
- Minnesota Academy of Audiology: Coordinator of the Mentor/Mentee Program: 2015 - present
- Member at Large, Board of Directors for Minnesota Academy of Audiology: 2017 - present:
- Health Services Advisory Committee for Head Start: 2017 - present
- eHealth and Hearing Service Delivery: Documenting trends and attitudes of patients and audiologists as it relates to providing hearing healthcare servcies via eHealth: Collaboration with Evelyn Davies-Venn, Ph.D, and Brenna Carroll, Au.D., 2016
- Audiologist: Cleft Palate, Craniofacial, and Velocardiofacial Clinics in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry: 2014 - present
- Clinical Director for Healthy Hearing program: Minnesota Special Olympics: 2014 - present
- Audiology consultant: Anoka-Hennepin school district: 2014 - present
- Audiology consultant: Ramsey County Head Start: 2015 - present
- Predictions from Audibility Relative to Older Listeners’ Performance in Modulated Background Noise. Witherell, Kerry, Pamela E. Souza, Kumiko Boike, Kelly Tremblay, Co-Author, 2007.
- Evaluation and Feedback: Incorporating your Knowledge and Skills into Student Education: Witherell, Kerry, Mark DeRuiter, MAA Quarterly Newsletter, Fall 2015.
- Audiologist Spotlight: Witherell, Kerry, MAA Quarterly Newsletter, Fall 2015.
- Nurturing the Future: How should we educate student clinicians to stay dynamic and adapt with technology innovations that may change current audiology service delivery models?: Witherell, Kerry, Evelyn Davies-Venn, MAA Quarterly Newsletter, Fall 2015.
- The MAA Mentor Program: It's Time to Get Involved.: Witherell, Kerry, Mark DeRuiter, MAA Quarterly Newsletter, Spring 2016.