Department of Writing Studies .
315 Pillsbury Dr SE
Joseph Moses, Ph.D., is a Senior Lecturer of writing studies at the University of Minnesota. His current research focuses on measuring the effectiveness of instructional designs for writing-to-learn in teams.
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D: English--Composition Studies, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1993.
- M.A.: English, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1989.
- B.F.A. (magna cum laude): English, Emerson College, Boston, 1983.
- University writing; technical and professional communication; multidisciplinary writing.
- Collaborative writing in courses across the curriculum
- Collaborative writing at work
- Information Design
- Technical and Professional Writing
- Business and Professional Writing
- Project Design and Development
- University Writing
Research & Professional Activities
- Former advisor to students in the Master of Science and Certificate in Scientific and Technical Communication programs: Graduate program advising , Spring 2010 - Spring 2015
- Subcommittee on advanced writing curriculum: Spring 2010
- University of Minnesota Office of Information Technology Faculty Fellow, 2012-2013.: Course redesign for connected learning among students in project design and development course for technical communication majors, Aug 2012 - Dec 2013
- Collaborative writing in teaching, learning, and scholarship: CLA Interdisciplinary Collaborative Workshop grant. , September 2019 - May 2020
- Publishing Project, Free Arts Minnesota: Free Arts children and youth wrote a book with the guidance of my freshman writing students on the theme of dreams of the future, September 2006 - December 2006
- Hennepin County Library (HCL) and the Minneapolis Public Schools Teen Age Pregnant and Parenting Program (TAPPP) with support from the Library Foundation of Hennepin County: The project was created as a response to the challenge posed to all county departments by the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners to invest in programs and services that contribute to students’ school success and improve graduation rates throughout the county.,
- Book Editor: The Real Estate Agent Redefined. Jaeckels, Jim. Edina: Beaver’s Pond Press, 2008.,
- Book Editor: Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling: Web Search Secrets for the Inside Info on Companies, Industries, and People. Richter, Sam. Edina: Beaver’s Pond Press, 2008. ,
- Collaborative Writing Playbook: An Instructor’s Guide to Designing Writing Projects for Student Teams. Moses, Joe, Jason Tham, Parlor Press, Co-Author, 2020.
- Writing to Learn in Teams: A Collaborative Writing Playbook for Students Across the Curriculum. Moses, Joe, Jason Tham, Parlor Press, Co-Author, 2020.
- Wearable technology, ubiquitous computing, and immersive experience: Implications for writing studies. : Moses, Joe, Tham, J., McGrath, M., Duin, A. H., Computers & Composition, 2018 .
- Socio-technical implications of new embodied technologies on personal and public lives: Moses, Joe, McGrath, M., Tham, J., Duin, A. H.,, IGI Global, International Journal of Sociotechnology and Knowledge Development, 2018.
- Agile Writing: A Project Management Approach to Learning. Moses, Joe, IGI Global, Author, 2015. Link
- Intercultural Connectivism and Personal Learning Networks in Course Redesign: Moses, Joe, Ann Hill Duin, rcpg.org, Rhetoric, Professional Communication and Globalization, 8 22-39, 2015. Link
- Intercultural connectivism: Introducing personal learning networks: Moses, Joe, Ann Hill Duin, Rhetoric, Professional Communication, and Globalization, 7(1) 29-46, 2015. Link
- “Themes of Earthly Life and Death.“ Moses, Joseph. Review of black juice by Margo Lanagan. Antipodes: A North American Journal of Australian Literature, December 2006: 208.
- “Hold the Fertilizer: Homegrown Giant Campbell Mithun Takes Organic Steps.“Format: Minnesota’s Marketing Communications Monthly, September (2004): 24-27.
- “Periscope: They’re Just Getting Started.“ Moses, Joseph. Format: Minnesota’s Marketing Communications Monthly, August 2004: 24-27.
- Tapping the Power of Networked Learning for Professional Development: Moses, Joe, Abram Anders, Co-Author. Link
- The Consumer’s Guide to Wireless Security.. Moses, Joe, Lou Sepulveda, McGraw-Hill, Author, 1996. Link
- Collaborative Writing at Work: A Playbook for Teams. Moses, Joe, Jason Tham, Parlor Press, Co-Author, 2020.
- Outstanding Lecturer Award, Department of English Program in Composition, May 2005.
- Department of Writing Studies First Year Writing Outstanding Instructor , 2010 - 2011