I am a social and cultural historian of the Late Roman Republic. My research focuses on Roman political culture at the end of the Republic and the beginning of the Imperial period. I am particularly interested in the construction, policing, and fluidity of aristocratic identity in this period. I am currently working on a book that provides a more nuanced account of the late-republican aristocracy's retreat from its traditional military ethos. I have previously taught at UC Santa Barbara, Bard College, and in the Bard Prison Initiative.
- BA: Classics & Ancient History, The Ohio State University, Columbus, 2011
- MA: Classics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2015
- Ph.D.: Classics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2019
- Roman Social & Cultural History
- Latin Language and Literature
- Ancient Mediterranean Political Thought