I am a scholar of African American intellectual history, and I locate myself in the field of Afro-Asian studies. I also continue to investigate the genesis of occupied Okinawa. I began my academic career in the Center for Ethnic Studies at the Borough of Manhattan Community College of The City University of New York (CUNY).
- Ph.D.: History, University of Minnesota, 2004
- M.A.: History, University of Minnesota, 1999
- B.A.: History, Macalester College, 1995
- Black radicalism and internationalism
- African American intellectual history
- Asian American studies
- Transnational American studies