Dr. Davies-Venn teach courses in hearing science, amplification and diagnostic audiology.
Her current research is focused on improving speech understanding in noisy environments for listeners with hearing loss.
She is the Director of the Sensory Aids and Perception Lab. Her research program is centered on understanding factors that drive individual variance in rehabilitation outcomes for individuals with hearing loss, especially in complex listening environments such as a busy restaurant or cocktail party. Her research aims to improve amplification outcomes for individuals with hearing loss.
- B.A: Communication Sciences and Disorders , University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2002 -
- M.Sc: Audiology , University of Washington , Seattle, WA, 2004 -
- Au.D: Audiology , University of Washington , Seattle, WA, 2005 -
- Ph.D: Audiology , University of Washington , Seattle, WA, 2010 -
- Hearing impairment and cochlear implants
- hearing aid signal processing
- spectral and temporal processing
- cognitive influences on hearing
- computational modeling of auditory processing