I am a PhD candidate in the Department of German, Nordic, Slavic & Dutch. My dissertation traces the ways German-language poetry in Yiddish translation shaped modern Jewish culture in/beyond the former Habsburg Empire (i.e., in North America, across interwar and postwar Europe, and in Israel Palestine). In 2021, I was a visiting lecturer of Yiddish Studies at the Ohio State University. And currently, I work for the UMN Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies in educational outreach and special collections development.
- MA: Germanic Studies, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2016 -
- BA (with Honors): German Studies, Macalester College , 2012 -
- ABD: Germanic Studies (History PhD Minor) , University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2018 -
- Translation Studies
- German & Austrian Jewish Literature and Culture: 19th Century-Present
- Yiddish Language Pedagogy
- Modern Yiddish Literature and Culture