For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
In this second decade of the 21st century, Asia and the Middle East are poised to exert enormous influence on the world. Here at the University of Minnesota, the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies encourages critical understanding of the histories and cultures of Asia and the Middle East and their roles in the world.
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources to advance our knowledge of Asian and Middle Eastern languages and cultures. It helps to maintain the department's distinguished reputation.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your generous support for the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies is more critical than ever in helping us attract and retain the very best scholars and students.
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: graduate students choose institutions that have outstanding faculty. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students
Choose a Fund
To remain competitive, we need your support for graduate student fellowships and faculty research funds. We have several funds that may interest you:
- Joseph R Allen Fund For Faculty Research
This fund supports faculty research activities in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Richard B. and Virginia Mather Fellowship in Asian Languages
This fellowship supports outstanding graduate students working in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies Annual Fund
This fund supports the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies in attracting and retaining the best scholars and students to the University of Minnesota
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies Scholarship Fund
This scholarship supports students in the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies who demonstrate academic potential and financial need
- Hmong Studies Program Fund
This fund supports the Hmong Studies Program and may be used for study abroad program participation support, awards, activities, and other general program needs
- Korean Fund
This fund supports the interests of the Korean language program of the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies by promoting resources and events that enhance the educational experience of scholars and students at the University of Minnesota
Sustaining the excellence of the Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies is critical to the University, our local community, and the world. Your gift can help support the next generation of leaders and thinkers.