Graduate Student Travel Grant
We are able to provide travel support to University of Minnesota Twin Cities graduate students in European studies. The travel grants are intended for travel to scholarly conferences. Graduate students in good standing can apply for up to $2,500 for travel to an international conference and up to $1,000 for North American conferences or the actual costs of the travel, whichever is less.
Only graduate students whose proposals have been accepted as conference presentations can apply. Awards will be processed as travel reimbursements. We can assist with the purchase of round trip airfare.
- Download and complete the Application Form (PDF);
- Include a one-page project description that includes travel destination and dates and an abstract of the conference presentation; and
- Written confirmation by the conference organizers of acceptance into the conference program
Applications are accepted twice per year with deadlines on March 15 and October 15.
- Applicants must be fully matriculated graduate students in good standing at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Applicants who have been awarded a CGES travel grant within the last two years are not eligible.
- Past recipients who have not submitted a travel report are not eligible for new funding.
Grantees should complete a University Travel Authorization form and register international travel in the GPS Alliance International Travel Registry before travel. Grantees should also observe all other GPS Alliance mandated requirements and regulations pertaining to international travel.
Submit a one-page project report that specifies the project outcomes at the end of the award period.