MVHR Travel Funding
We are pleased to offer participating MVHR graduate students opportunities to apply for travel funding to support their presentation of research at academic conferences:
CHGS/HRP travel awards funded by the Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies and the Human Rights Program
Topics must be relevant to the Holocaust, genocide, mass violence, and/or other systemic human rights violations. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, first consideration will be given to those students who have presented or are scheduled to present their work in the HGMV workshop. The Archives award will be awarded for meaningful use of archival collections, so some early research is necessary before application.
- Brief cover letter (addressed to CHGS/HRP and UMN Library Archives as appropriate)
- Date and title of conference/symposium/workshop/meeting
- Title of presentation and abstract presentation (500 words)
- Funds required (up to $500 US)
- Date and title of MVHR Workshop presentation (for CHGS/HRP travel awards)
- Date of consultation with archivist and collection(s) utilized (for Library Archives funding)
- Appropriately and accurately cite Archives collections in future presentations/papers (for Library Archives funding)
CHGS/HRP Travel Award specifications
Questions may be directed toward the
MVHR graduate workshop coordinator:
Jillian LaBranche, firstname.lastname@example.org
- $1000 in grants will be allocated in the fall term and the spring term. Applicants may request a maximum of $500.
- The application window will be opened when the MVHR calendar is finalized each term. Applications will be reviewed and allocated in the order in which they are received.
- Applicants do not need to be accepted to a conference when they submit their application. However, they should report a) the conference at which they plan to present their work, and b) a back-up conference at which they hope to present their work should they not be accepted to their first conference of choice.
- Applicants who do not include a conference acceptance letter with their funding application will receive a preliminary notification of acceptance, contingent on their acceptance to a conference. Participants must be accepted to and present at a conference to receive their award in the form of reimbursement. If acceptance is not granted for your conference of choice or a back-up conference, the award will not be granted.
- Funding must be used within one year of the applicants presentation at MVHR.
Library Archives Award specifications
- Appropriately and accurately cite Archives collections in future presentations / papers (for Library Archives funding)