For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Creative Writing Program:
- Michael Dennis Browne Fellowship in Creative Writing
This fellowship supports second- or third-year Master of Fine Arts students in the University of Minnesota's Creative Writing Program, especially students who are working on poetry manuscripts.
- O'Rourke Fellowship in Creative Writing
This fellowship, established by Michael and Anne O'Rourke, supports graduate students working toward degrees in creative writing at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Scribe for Human Rights
This fund supports a Master of Fine Arts student who serves as a writer-in-residence with the University of Minnesota's Human Rights Program.
- The Winifred Fellowship in Creative Writing
This fund supports a rising third year graduate student who is focusing on fiction writing in the Creative Writing MFA program.