Transfer Students from Other U of M Twin Cities Colleges

Here are a few things you need to do to get started as a new student in the College of Liberal Arts:

1. Apply to Change Colleges

  • If you have already been admitted to a degree-seeking program at a University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus, you need to complete the online "Application for Undergraduate Change of College" form under Admissions, transfer, and re-enrollment on the One Stop Forms page to transfer to the College of Liberal Arts on the Twin Cities campus.
  • If you are coming to the College of Liberal Arts as a dual-degree student, you need to complete the Application for an Additional Degree Program.

2. New Student Checklist

After being fully processed into the College of Liberal Arts, you must complete the New Student Checklist, which satisfies your orientation requirement. With the New Student Checklist, you will:  

Once you have finished all of the steps of the checklist, you will be ready to register. Contact CLA Student Services at 612-625-2020 to have your hold removed from your account. We will also remove holds every 24-48 hours as students complete their checklists.

3. CLA Advisor Appointment

After you have started your New Student Checklist, you will receive an email with your assigned advising office. 

  • Contact your CLA advising office and schedule an appointment.  
  • Meet with your advisor and go over your registration to ensure you are making headway towards completing CLA degree requirements.