Why Global Studies?
The Institute for Global Studies connects students, scholars, and communities dedicated to social justice, understanding, and transforming our globalized world. IGS strives to:
- Create an environment for students and scholars at the University of Minnesota to investigate the sets of interrelated processes forming today’s increasingly interdependent world.
- Provide a vibrant curriculum for students, bring together scholars from diverse disciplines, and work with the community to create partnerships examining global issues.
- Prepare students for global citizenship by offering an innovative and relevant curriculum.
- Put great minds to work on issues of global significance by supporting interdisciplinary research centers, research collaboratives, speakers’ series, and colloquia.
- Make connections across cultural, geographic, and disciplinary boundaries by providing professional development for educators and nurturing community partnerships.