For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
- Support for interdisciplinary opportunities for graduate students: Through the many research centers, programs, and initiatives, IGS supports opportunities for graduate students from across disciplines and invites them to engage in interdisciplinary work. This supports recruitment and excellence across graduate programs.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Institute for Global Studies:
- Global Service Learning Fund
- This fund provides support for short-term, study-abroad, service-based, learning experiences for University of Minnesota undergraduate students.
- Midwest Coalition for Human Rights Program Fund
- This fund supports the Human Rights Program of the Institute for Global Studies, including the payment of non-credit conference expenses and hospitality expenditures
- Center for German & European Studies Endowment
- This endowment supports the activities of the Center for German and European Studies in the University of Minnesota's Institute for Global Studies.
- Institute for Global Studies International Study Award
- This fund provides financial support for Global Studies majors fulfilling their experiential learning requirement through learning abroad. While this can be costly, financial aid plays an important role in making these opportunities possible.