For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Institute for Global Studies:
- Global Service Learning Fund
This fund provides support for short-term, study-abroad, service-based, learning experiences for University of Minnesota undergraduate students.
- Theofanis G. Stavrou Eastern Orthodox History and Culture Fellowship
This fund supports University of Minnesota graduate students whose research projects focus on the culture and history of the Eastern Orthodox world.
- Midwest Coalition for Human Rights Program Fund
This fund supports the Human Rights Program of the Institute for Global Studies, including the payment of non-credit conference expenses and hospitality expenditures
- Center for German & European Studies Endowment
This endowment supports the activites of the Center for German and European Studies in the University of Minnesota's Institute for Global Studies.