The mission of the CLA Language Center is to advance second language, literature, culture, and linguistics education by providing leadership in integrating technology with instruction and learning in the College, the University, the state of Minnesota, and beyond.
The center is committed to staying abreast of developments in second language education and technology and to maximizing teaching and learning experiences by:
- Providing technology facilities and services
- Offering training, classes, events, and publications
- Supporting curriculum and materials development
- Cultivating programs and services to cultivate connections with local and global communities
- Developing and administering second language assessment measures
- Promoting research on educational technology, second language acquisition, and related disciplines
To fulfill its mission, the center's knowledgeable and friendly staff strive to make technology accessible to all, to connect language departments, instructors, and students, and to foster a culture that empowers individuals and values diversity, multiculturalism, and internationalism.