The University of Minnesota’s School of Statistics began as the Department of Statistics founded in 1958.
Later established, the School of Statistics united the applied and theoretical statistical presence of both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses. After its establishment, the School of Statistics continued to be divided between the two campuses until the late 1990s when it was combined under one roof in Ford Hall on the east bank of the Minneapolis campus.
The School of Statistics has established and maintained an international reputation for its excellence in teaching and research. With a strong history of innovation, faculty and students of the University of Minnesota’s School of Statistics continue its firm tradition of advancement within the study of statistics.