Educational Background & Specialties
- Central Asian studies
- Intellectual history, religion and ideology of Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
- Iranian linguistics and literature
- Middle East
- Sadeq Hedayat
- Tajik-Uzbek conflict
- Firdowsi and His Shahnameh
- Islam and the West
- Hist 3503 Ancient Iran
- Hist 3504 The Cultures of the Silk Road
- Hist 3546 Islam and the West
- Modern Iran
Research & Professional Activities
- Chair: Faculty Affairs Committee , 2000 - 2003
- Member: College of Liberal Arts Curriculum, Instruction, and Advising Committee , 2003 - 2005
- Member: CLA Assembly , 2002 - 2004
- Chair, CLA Assembly: 2005 - 2006
- Program in Religious Studies Steering Committee: 2005 - 2016
- CLA Promotion & Tenure Committee: 2012 - 2015
- The History of the Tajik Civil War: 2016 - 2018
- The Nowruz Scrolls (in English, Persian, Tajiki, Russian): An appreciation of the ancient roots of the Nowruz Celebration.,
- Painting: Oil paintings of scenes from Iran and Central Asia.,
- The Pearl Cannon. Bashiri, Iraj, editor, Mazda Publishers, 1986.
- The Fiction of Sadeq Hedayat. Bashiri, Iraj, Mazda Publishers, 1984.
- Firdowsi's Shahname: 1000 Years After. Bashiri, Iraj, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 1994.
- Kamal Khujandi: Epoch and its Importance in the History of Central Asian Civilization. Bashiri, Iraj, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 1996.
- The Samanids and the Revival of the Civilization of the Iranian Peoples. Bashiri, Iraj, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 1997.
- Prominent Tajik Figures of the Twentieth Century. Bashiri, Iraj, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, International Borbad Foundation, 2003.
- Tajikistan in the 20th Century (ed). Bashiri, Iraj, Salimjon Aiyoubov, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 2002.
- From the Hymns of Zarathustra to the Songs of Borbad. Bashiri, Iraj, Tajikistan National Commission for UNESCO, The Ministry of Culture of Tajikistan, The International Borbad Foundation, 2003.
- Mazdian Cosmology. Bashiri, Iraj, Zoroastrianism and Its Value in the Development of Civilization of Near and Middle East People, 2003.
- Impact of Egypt on Ancient Iran (in 3 languages (English, Tajiki, Farsi) and a Synopsis in Russian). Bashiri, Iraj, Rudaki Institute of Literature, The Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Author, 2007. Link
- The Ishraqi Philogophy of Jalal al-Din Rumi. Bashiri, Iraj, Institute of Philosophy, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Author, 2008. Link
- Prominent Tajik Figures ?of the Twentieth Century. Bashiri, Iraj, International Borbad Foundation, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Author, 2002. Link
- Turk and Tur in Firdowsi's Shahname. Bashiri, Iraj, Institute of Eastern Studies & Written Heritage, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Author, 2009.
- Ancient Iran: Cosmology, Mythology, History (2nd edition). Bashiri, Iraj, Cognella, Author, 2016. Link
- Modern Iranian Philosophy: From Ibn Sina to Mulla Sadra Shirazi. Bashiri, Iraj, Cognella, Author, 2014. Link
- Modern Iran: Caliphs, Kings, and Jurisprudents. Bashiri, Iraj, Cognella, Author, 2017. Link
- Distinguished College of Liberal Arts teacher, 1980
- Honorary Doctorate in History and Culture, Tajikistan State University, 1996
- Honorary International Academician, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, 1997