Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D: Economics, Queen's University, Canada, 2006.
- M.A.: Economics, McMaster University, Canada, 1999.
- B.A.: Economics, University of Guelph, Canada, 1998.
- intra-household allocation
- equilibrium labor search
- Economics 8502 - Wages and Employment
- Economics 8581/8582: Advanced Labor Economics
- Economics 8791/8792: Workshop in Macroeconomics
Research & Professional Activities
- Carter-Schwab Professor of Economics: Department of Economics , 2020 - present
- Associate Professor: Department of Economics , 2016 - 2020
- Visiting Scholar: Federal Reserve Bank of New York , September 2018
- Visiting Associate Professor of Economics: University of Chicago , Autumn 2015
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics: University College London , 2015 - 2016
- Visiting Assistant Professor: Cowles Foundation, Yale University , Spring 2012
- Research Fellow: Institute for Fiscal Studies , 2008 - 2016
- IEM Visiting Scholar: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis , June 2010
- Visiting Associate Professor of Economics: University of Chicago , Autumn 2009
- Research Associate: Institute for Fiscal Studies , 2006 - 2008
- Assistant Professor: University College London , 2006 - 2014
- Research Economist: Department of Finance and Health, Government of Canada , 1999 - 2001
- Research Consultant and Senior Scholar: Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, 2018 - present
- International Research Fellow: Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) London, 2017 - present
- Member: Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM), 2013 - present
- Board of Directors: Minnesota Economics Association, 2019 - present
- Workplace Advisory Committee: City of Minneapolis, November 2018
- Associate Editor: Review of Economic Dynamics, 2014 - present
- Editorial Board Member: Review of Economic Studies, 2014 - 2018
- Community Advisory Board, Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute: October 2018
- Enterprise Committee, City of Minneapolis: September 2018
- Associate Editor: European Economic Review, 2012 - 2017
- Member: Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, 2011 - present
- Multidimensional Skills, Sorting, and Human Capital Accumulation: Lise, Jeremy, Fabien Postel-Vinay, American Economic Review, forthcoming .
- Household Sharing and Commitment: Evidence from Panel Data on Individual Expenditures and Time Use: Lise, Jeremy, Ken Yamada, 2219, Review of Economic Studies, 86:5 2184, 2019.
- The Macrodynamics of Sorting between Workers and Firms: Lise, Jeremy, Jean-Marc Robin, 2017, American Economic Review, 107:4 1104-1135.
- Matching, Sorting and Wages: Lise, Jeremy, Costas Meghir and Jean-Marc Robin, Review of Economic Dynamics, 19 63-87, 2016.
- Evaluating Search and Matching Models Using Experimental Data: Lise, Jeremy, Shannon Seitz and Jeffrey Smith, IZA Journal of Labor Economics, 4 1-35, 2015.
- Wage, Income and Consumption Inequality in Japan, 1981-2008: from Boom to Lost Decades: Lise, Jeremy, Nao Sudo, Michio Suzuki, Ken Yamada, and Tomoaki Yamada, Review of Economic Dynamics, 17 582-612, 2014.
- The Macrodynamics of the Wage Distribution(principal investigator), Heller Hurwicz Economics Institute, 2018 - 2019