My research focuses on the development and application of advanced data mining and modeling approaches, particularly for the analysis of complex longitudinal data. My research interests also include longitudinal data analysis, item response theory, and data fusion techniques, especially as they pertain to developmental processes and educational research.
Some of my current research utilizes integrative data analysis/data fusion and parallel analysis methods to allow for the fitting of various longitudinal models that might not otherwise have been possible to fit to a single data set. I have also extended this data fusion approach to the Bayesian framework (Bayesian Synthesis).
My substantive interests focus on the application of advanced modeling techniques to the study of developmental processes, with an emphasis on economically disadvantaged immigrant children.
- Statistical learning and data mining
- models for longitudinal data
- big data analytics and modeling
- Item response theory
- multilevel modeling
- factor analysis and structural equation modeling
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Data fusion
- Research Methodology and Statisitcal Analysis
- R programming and data analysis
- Integrative data analysis
- growth and development