James J Lee
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Psychology, Harvard University, 2011.
- B.A.: English, University of California Berkeley, 2000.
- Psychology 1001: Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology 3135/5135: Individual Differences
- Psychology 5960: Introduction to Scientific Computing
- Psychology 5993: Research Laboratory
- Psychology 8960: Individual Differences in Higher-Level Cognition
- Willoughby EA, Giannelis A, Ludeke S, Klemmensen R, Nørgaard AS, Iacono WG, Lee JJ, McGue M (in press). Parent contributions to the development of political attitudes in adoptive and biological families. Psychological Science, x, xx.
- Willoughby EA, Lee JJ (in press). Parsing information flow in speeded cognitive tasks: The associations of g with perception and decision time. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, x, xx.
- Meddens SFW, de Vlaming R, Bowers P, et al. (in press). Genomic analysis of diet composition finds novel loci and associations with health and lifestyle. Molecular Psychiatry, x, xx.
- Willoughby EA, McGue M, Iacono WG, Rustichini A, Lee JJ (in press). The role of parental genotype in predicting offspring years of education: Evidence for genetic nurture. Molecular Psychiatry, x, xx.
- Willoughby EA, Lee JJ (in press). Genetic and neural predictors of intelligence. In AK Barbey, S Karama, RJ Haier (Eds.), The Cambridge Handbook of Intelligence and Cognitive Neuroscience. Cambridge University Press.
- McGue M, Willoughby EA, Rustichini A, Johnson W, Iacono WG, Lee JJ (2020). The contribution of cognitive and non-cognitive skills to intergenerational social mobility. Psychological Science, 31, 835-847.
- Lee JJ, McGue M, Iacono WG, Michael AM, Chabris CF (2019). The causal influence of brain size on human intelligence. Intelligence, 75, 48-58.
- Kim Y, Lee JJ (2019). The genetics of human fertility. Current Opinion in Psychology, 27, 41-45.
- Willoughby EA, Love AC, McGue M, Iacono WG, Quigley J, Lee JJ (2019). Free will, determinism, and intuitive judgments about the heritability of behavior. Behavior Genetics, 49, 136-153.
- Lee JJ, McGue M, Iacono WG, Chow CC (2018). The accuracy of LD Score regression as an estimator of confounding and genetic correlations in genome-wide association studies. Genetic Epidemiology, 42, 783-795.
- Tielbeek JJ, Barnes JC, Popma A, Polderman TJC, Lee JJ, Perry JB, Posthuma D, Boutwell BB (2018). Exploring the genetic correlations of antisocial behavior and life history traits. British Journal of Psychiatry Open, 4, 467-470.
- Lee JJ, Wedow R, Okbay A, et al. (2018). Gene discovery and polygenic prediction from a genome-wide association study of educational attainment in 1.1 million individuals. Nature Genetics, 50, 1112-1121.
- Sniekers S et al. (2017). Genome-wide association meta-analysis of 78,308 individuals identifies new loci and genes influencing human intelligence. Nature Genetics, 49, 107-1112.
- Barban N, Jansen R, de Vlaming R, Vaez A, Mandemakers JJ, Tropf FC, et al. (2016). Genome-wide analysis identifies 12 loci influencing human reproductive behavior. Nature Genetics, 48, 1462-1472.
- Okbay A, Beauchamp JP, Fontana MA, Lee JJ, Pers TH, Rietveld CA, et al. (2016). Genome-wide association study identifies 74 loci associated with educational attainment. Nature, 533, 539-542.
- Lee MK, Lee JJ, Wells CS, Sireci SG (2016). A unified factor-analytic approach to the detection of item and test bias. Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, 12, 9-29.
- Lee JJ, Lee MK (2016). An overview of the Normal Ogive Harmonic Analysis Robust Method (NOHARM) approach to item response theory. Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, 12, 1-8.
- Lee JJ, Kuncel NR (2015). The determinacy and predictive power of common factors. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 8, 467-472.
- Chabris CF, Lee JJ, Cesarini D, Benjamin DJ, Laibson DI (2015). The fourth law of behavior genetics. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 24, 304-312.
- Chang CC, Chow CC, Tellier LCAM, Vattikuti S, Purcell SM, Lee JJ (2015). Second-generation PLINK: Rising to the challenge of larger and richer datasets. GigaScience, 4, 7.
- Lee JJ, Chow CC (2014). Conditions for the validity of SNP-based heritability estimation. Human Genetics, 133, 1011-1022.
- Lee JJ, Chabris CF (2013). General cognitive ability and the psychological refractory period. Psychological Science, 24, 1226-1233.
- Lee JJ, Chow CC (2013). The causal meaning of Fisher's average effect. Genetics Research, 95, 89-109.
- Lee JJ (2012). Correlation and causation in the study of personality (with discussion). European Journal of Personality, 26, 372-412.