Kathryn L Reyerson
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Medieval Studies, Yale University, 1974.
- Doctorat d'État : Université de Montpellier I, 1977.
- Medieval Europe
- Mediterranean Europe
- Medieval France
- Social and economic history
- Legal history
- World History
- History 1011 World History to 1550
- History 3611 Medieval Cities of Europe
- History 3616 France in the Middle Ages
- History 3900 Medieval Travel East and West
- History 4961 Major Paper
- History 5900/8900:
- Medieval France
- Medieval Urban History
- Women and Property
- Medieval Trade in the Mediterranean World
- Medieval Encounters in the Mediterranean World
Research & Professional Activities
- Editorial Board, Brill Late Medieval Europe Series:
- A book-length study exploring the experience of medieval women, set in the broader context of Montpellier and southern French society:
- A book-length study on encounters and identity in the medieval Mediterranean world:
- Jacques Coeur: Entrepreneur and King's Bursar. Reyerson, Kathryn, Longman, 2004.
- The Art of the Deal: Intermediaries of Trade in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Brill, E. J., 2002.
- Business, Banking and Finance in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Toronto: The Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, Author, 1985.
- Society, Law, and Trade in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Ashgate: Variorum Reprints, Author, 1995.
- Medieval Notaries and Their Acts. Reyerson, Kathryn, Kalamazoo: The Medieval Institute, Co-Author, 2004.
- Pre-Modern Russia and Its World. Essays in Honor of Thomas S. Noonan. Reyerson, Kathryn, Wiesbaden: Otto Harrassowitz Verlag, Co-Editor, 2006.
- Medieval Narbonne. A City at the Heart of the Troubadour World. Reyerson, Kathryn, Ashgate: Variorum Reprints, Editor, 2005.
- Urban and Rural Communities in Medieval France: Provence and Languedoc: 1000-1500. Reyerson, Kathryn, Leiden: E. J. Brill, Co-Editor, 1998.
- City and Spectacle in Medieval Europe. Reyerson, Kathryn, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, Co-Editor, 1994.
- The Medieval Mediterranean. Cross-Cultural Contacts. Reyerson, Kathryn, St. Cloud, MN: North Star Press of St. Cloud, Co-Editor, 1989.
- The Medieval Castle. Romance and Reality. Reyerson, Kathryn, Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall, Hun, Co-Editor, 1984.
- Cross-Cultural Encounters on the High Seas (10-16th Centuries). Reyerson, Kathryn, Editor, 2007.
- "For the Salvation of my Soul" Women and Wills in Medieval and Early Modern France. Reyerson, Kathryn, Joëlle Rollo-Koster, St. Andrews, Co-Editor, 2012.
- Mediterranean Identities in the Premodern Era. Entrepôts, Islands, Empires. Watkins, John, Reyerson, Kathryn, co-editors
- Reyerson, Kathryn L. Women's Networks in Medieval France: Gender and Community in Montpellier 1300-1350. Palgrave MacMillan, 2016. Image
- Fellow of the Medieval Academy
- Kindrick CARA Award of the Medieval Academy of America for service to Medieval Studies, 2013