Kathryn L Reyerson
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph. D.: Medieval Studies, Yale University.
- Doctorat d'Etat: History of Institutions, Université de Montpellier I, Montpellier, France.
- Mediterranean World
- Medieval Europe
- Medieval France
- Social and economic history
- Legal history
- World History
- History 1011 World History to 1550
- History 3611 Medieval Cities of Europe
- History 3616 France in the Middle Ages
- History 3900 Medieval Travel East and West
- History 4961 Major Paper
- History 5900/8900:
- Medieval France
- Medieval Urban History
- Women and Property
- Medieval Trade in the Mediterranean World
- Medieval Encounters in the Mediterranean World
- The Black Death: Plague in History
Research & Professional Activities
- Editorial Board, Brill Late Medieval Europe Series:
- Finance Committee: Medieval Academy of America
- Centennial Committee: Medieval Academy of America
- Chair, Development Committee: Center for Medieval Studies
- Merchants and Pirates in the Medieval Mediterranean World: This is a book-length study using piracy as a window on Mediterranean history.
- Mother and Sons, Inc.: Martha de Cabanis in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, University of Pennsylvania Press, Author, November 2017.
- Women's Networks in Medieval France: Gender and Community in Montpellier 1300-1350. Reyerson, Kathryn, Palgrave Macmillan, Author, 2016.
- Mediterranean Identities in the Premodern Era: Entrepôts,Islands, Empires. Reyerson, Kathryn, John Watkins, Ashgate, Co-Editor, 2014.
- "For the Salvation of my Soul" Women and Wills in Medieval and Early Modern France. Reyerson, Kathryn, Joëlle Rollo-Koster, St. Andrews, Co-Editor, 2012.
- Cross-Cultural Encounters on the High Seas (10-16th Centuries). Reyerson, Kathryn, Editor, 2007.
- Premodern Russia: Essays in Honor of Thomas S. Noonan. Reyerson, Kathryn, James D. Tracy, Theophanis Stavrou, Otto Harrassowitz Verlag, Co-Editor, 2007.
- Medieval Narbonne. A City at the Heart of the Troubadour World. Reyerson, Kathryn, Ashgate: Variorum Reprints, Editor, 2005.
- Jacques Coeur: Entrepreneur and King's Bursar. Reyerson, Kathryn, Longman, 2004.
- Medieval Notaries and Their Acts. Reyerson, Kathryn, Kalamazoo: The Medieval Institute, Co-Author, 2004.
- Urban and Rural Communities in Medieval France: Provence and Languedoc: 1000-1500. Reyerson, Kathryn, Leiden: E. J. Brill, Co-Editor, 1998.
- Society, Law, and Trade in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Ashgate: Variorum Reprints, Author, 1995.
- City and Spectacle in Medieval Europe. Reyerson, Kathryn, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, Co-Editor, 1994.
- The Art of the Deal: Intermediaries of Trade in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Brill, E. J., 2002.
- The Medieval Mediterranean. Cross-Cultural Contacts. Reyerson, Kathryn, St. Cloud, MN: North Star Press of St. Cloud, Co-Editor, 1989.
- Business, Banking and Finance in Medieval Montpellier. Reyerson, Kathryn, Toronto: The Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, Author, 1985.
- The Medieval Castle. Romance and Reality. Reyerson, Kathryn, Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall, Hun, Co-Editor, 1984.
- Award for Outstanding Contributions to Postbaccalaureate, Graduate, and Professional Education, 2017
- Kindrick CARA Award of the Medieval Academy of America for service to Medieval Studies, 2013
- Fellow, Medieval Academy of America, 2008