Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Mathematics, University of Minnesota, 1987.
- M.A.: Economics, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 1980.
- B.A.: Philosophy, University of Florence, Italy, 1977.
- economic dynamics
- game theory
- mathematics for economists
- microeconomic theory
- models of bounded rationality
- political economy
- Econ 4163: Microeconomic Analysis III
- Econ 8117 - Noncooperative Game Theory
- Econ 8118 - Noncooperative Game Theory
- Econ 8001 - 8004: Microeconomic Analysis Sequence
- Econ 8101 - 8104: Microeconomic Theory Sequence
- Econ 8182: Advanced Topics in Microeconomics
- Econ 8191/8192: Workshop in Mathematical Economics
Research & Professional Activities
- Professor: Department of Economics , 2009 - present
- Professor of Political Economy, Faculty of Economics: University of Cambridge , 2007 - 2009
- Professor: Department of Economics , 2000 - 2006
- Professor of Economics, Department of Economics: Boston University , 1999 - 2000
- Research Professor of Microeconomics, CentER: Tilburg University , 1996 - 1999
- Professor of Economics, CORE: Universite Catholique de Louvain , 1993 - 1996
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics: New York University , 1992 - 1993
- CORE (UCL, Louvain La Neuve) and IGIER: Milano, Italy , 1991 - 1992
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics: Northwestern University , 1989 - 1992
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics: University of Wisconsin-Madison , 1987 - 1988
- Postdoc: AT&T Bell Laboratories , 1987 - 1989
- Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis :
- Interdisciplinary Center for Cognitive Sciences, University of Minnesota:
- Associate Editor: Journal of Economic Literature,
- Dissociation between Private and Social Counterfactual Value Signals Following Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex Damage : Rustichini, Aldo, Nadge Bault, Giuseppe di Pellegrino, Martina Puppi, Galle Opolczynski, Alessia Monti, Davide Braghittoni, Florence Thibaut, Giorgio Coricelli, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 31:5 639-656, May 2019.
- Personality and Gains from Cooperation in Repeated Interactions: Rustichini, Aldo, Eugenio Proto, Andis Sofianos, Journal of Political Economy, 127:3 , June 2019.
- Pareto Efficiency and Identity: Rustichini, Aldo, Christopher Phelan, Theoretical Economics, 13:3 979-1007, September 2018.
- The Goal Priority Network as a Neural Substrate of Conscientiousness: Rustichini, Aldo, Amanda R. Rueter, Samantha V. Abram, Angus W. MacDonald III, and Colin DeYoung, Human Brain Mapping, April 2018.
- What drives women out of management? The joint role of testosterone and culture: Rustichini, Aldo, Luigi Guiso, European Economic Review, 109 221-237, 2018.
- Self-Confidence and Strategic Behavior,: Rustichini, Aldo, Gary Charness and Jeroen van de Ven, Experimental Economics, 21 72-98, 2017.
- Social surplus determines cooperation rates in the one-shot prisoner's dilemma: Rustichini, Aldo, Gary Charness and Luca Rigotti, Games and Economic Behavior, 100 113-124, 2016.
- Behavioral Economics: A Critical Assessment: Rustichini, Aldo, The state of the Mind: Proceeding of the OECD Conference on Behavioral Economics., The state of the Mind: Proceeding of the OECD Conference on Behavioral Economics., 2017.
- Fellow, Econometric Society
- Council of the Game Theory Society