Dissertations & Placements
- "Wind in the Upper Midwest: Assessing Wind Resource Variability and Representation in Reanalyses"
- Placement: Postdoc position in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Cornell University
- "Wasted Lands: Zionist Development and Settler Colonialism in the Naqab/Negev"
- Placement: Visiting Assistant Professor position in the Graduate School of Geography at Clark University
- "In the Life: Accounting and Triage for Black LGBTQIA Communities in HIV Prevention"
- Placement: Assistant Professor of Geography at Florida State University
- "Spatiotemporal Complexity of Fire in an Island-Lake Landscape, Border Lakes Region, Minnesota, USA"
- Placement: Instructional Design Specialist in the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Scared Heart University
Uday Kuwar Thapa
- "Investigating Changes in Forest Growth and Atmospheric Circulation in the Himalayan Region During the Past Four Centuries"
- Placement: Researcher in Climate and Global Change program at The National Atmospheric and Oceanographic Administration, UC Santa Barbara
- "The State’s Role and Synergies in China-Africa Engagements: The Case of Ghana’s Bui Hydropower Dam"
- Placement: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Illinois Urbana
- "The Shelterbelt “Scheme”: Radical Ecological Forestry and the Production of Climate in the Fight for the Prairie States Forestry Project"
- Placement: Program Director for Geospatial Support in the University Library and Adjunct Professorial Lecturer in the Department of Public Administration and Policy at the American University in Washington DC
- "Undermining the urban present: Struggles over toxicity and environmental knowledge in Zambian mining cities"
- Placement: Postdoctoral Research Associate with CREATE Initiative at Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- “The People versus the Pipelines: Energy infrastructure and liberal ideology in North American environmentalism”
- Placement: postdoctoral position at the Institute at Brown for Environment and Society
- "Filtering Class through Space: Security Guards and Urban Territories in Delhi, India"
- Placement: post-doctoral fellowship funded by the French research institute, Institute of Strategic Research of the Ecole Militaire
- "Circuits of Capital: India's Electronic Waste in the Informal Global Economy"
- Placement: assistant professor at London School of Economics, UK
- "Variegated Work Regimes: A Comparative Analysis of Chinese Companies in Ethiopia"
- Placement: Postdoc at Arizona State University
- "Cities of (In)Difference: A Mixed-Methods Analysis of Place and Wellbeing in Later Life"
- Placement: Postdoc in the Social Environment & Health Program, University of Michigan
- "Spacing Asylum: Orders of Protection in a Turkish City"
- Placement: Assistant Professor in Cultural Studies at Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey
- "Multiple Sovereigns and Transient Resources: Contested Ecosystems and Expanding Tribal Jurisdiction in the Great Lakes Region"
- Placement: Postdoc, Grand Challenges, University of Minnesota
- "Political (Wild)Life: What More-Than-Human Relations Can Tell Us About the Politics of Morehouse"
Placement: Learning Specialist Liaison for the Liberal Arts at Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia
- "A Desire to be Otherwise: On Eco-survivalism"
- Placement: Lecturer, Department of Geography, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- "GeoComputational Approaches to Evaluate the Impacts of Communication on Decision-making in Agriculture"
- Placement: postdoctoral in College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Science(CFANS) UMN
- "Divided Together: Traffic and Democratic Life in Bogota'"
- Placement: Researcher: Nissan Corporation
- "‘Açúcar nem Sempre Doce’: Reinvestment, Land, and Gendered Labor in a ‘New’ Mozambique"
- Placemet: Consortium for Faculty Diversity postdoctoral fellowship in Geography at Bucknell University
- "At Odds with Progress: An Analysis of Minnesota's Municipal Tax Legislation, Metro-Area Fiscal Control, and the Taxpayer's Income Conundrum, 2003-2012"
- Placement: Lecturer, North Hennepin Community College
- "Neoliberal Environments: Crisis, Counterrevolution, and the Nature of Value"
- Placement: University of British Columbia as a Killam Postdoctoral Fellow.
- "Local in Space and Time: Acoustic Environmental Policy in Minnesota and a Fine-Scale Spatiotemporal Representation of Aircraft Noise Impact on Residential Life"
- Placement: James Madison University, Assistant Professor, tenure track
- "Infrastructures of Property and Debt: making affordable housing, race and place in Johannesburg"
- Placement: Human Geography Lecturer in the School of Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Studies at the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- "Planetary Sea: Oceanography and the Making of the world Ocean"
- Placement: Mellon Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "Crisis in Jordan's Water Sector? Understanding the Dynamics of Institutional and Political Constraints in Water Management and Corporatization Reforms"
- Placement: Practice manager with Chemonics International (Washington DC)
- "In Search of New Riders: Affective Exclusions and Bicycle Planning in Minneapolis/Saint Paul"
- Placement: St Paul Planning Commission and a freelance journalist, blogger, and activist
- "Cultivating Everyday Life: Yards, Nature and Time in the City"
- Placement: Postdoctoral Research Associate in urban geography at Glasgow University, UK
Katharine H. Kindervater
- "Lethal Surveillance: Drones and the Geo-History of Modern War"
- Placement: Society of Fellows 3 year postdoc at Dartmouth
- "Electricity, Marginalization, and Empowerment: For Whom? And Who Decides? Evaluating Participatory Mapping in Río Negro, Honduras"
- Placement: University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire, lecturer
- "Variegated Geographies of Ecological Urbanization: China's Eco-Cities in Global Contex"
- Placement: Macalester College, Assistant Professor, tenure track