Pillsbury Hall Grand Reopening
310 PILLSBURY DRIVE SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Join us to celebrate the grand reopening of Pillsbury Hall
This event is open-house style. You are invited to stop by anytime between 11:30am and 1:30pm.
- Learn about the literary magazines produced by English, The Tower and Great River Review
- Discover current English class offerings and mingle with faculty
- Dive into the history of the Pillsbury Hall renovation project
- Meet the students behind Fellowship of Undergraduate Students in English (FUSE)
- Explore the work being done by English graduate students
- Connect with the Liberal Arts Engagement Hub
- Take a student-guided tour or explore the space on your own!
- Listen to readings and presentations by faculty, students, and artists in the attic event space
- Snap a photo with Goldy Gopher
- Pick up a commemorative Pillsbury cookie
For students, faculty, staff, and visitors, wearing a face covering is required indoors on University campuses, regardless of your vaccination status.
Attic Event Space Schedule
ASL interpretation provided
- 11:30am Navigating the Briar Patch: Assistant Professor of English and Creative Writing Douglas Kearney looks at instability and discomfort in poetry and the collision of texts (film)
- 11:45am Opening program with CLA Dean John Coleman; Professor and Chair of Department of English Andy Elfenbein; Interim Director of the Liberal Arts Engagement Hub Amelious N. Whyte, Jr., PhD
- 12:00pm Reading with Assistant Professor and novelist V. V. Ganeshananthan
- 12:15pm Professor Elaine Auyoung on "Moral Action and the Arts"
- 12:30pm Mixed Blood Theatre artist, Ansa Akyea, reads works by English creative writing professors
- 12:45pm Senior Lecturer Eric Daigre shares about English department community engagement classes
- 1:00pm English PhD alum Jenna Dreier discusses her new role as the University’s College in Prison Program Coordinator
- 1:15pm Creative Writing Nonfiction reading with Associate Professor Kim Todd and Edelstein-Keller Writer in Residence Kao Kalia Yang
Unable to attend in person?
Pillsbury Hall is the new home for the Department of English, our top-ranked Creative Writing Program, and the Liberal Arts Engagement Hub. Nestled in the heart of the humanities district, Pillsbury Hall is a place where campus and community partners collaborate on solutions to the most pressing issues of our time.