On This Page:
What Can You Do with a Major in Religious Studies?
- Joe Meinholz (BA '19) works as a community organizer with MinnesotaInterfaith Power & Light, a multi-faith organization engaging a diverse array of Minnesota's spiritual and religious communities in the climate justice movement. As a community organizer, Joe convenes and organizes multi-faith activism spaces across lines of religion, race, and geography, where volunteer-led teams tackle issues like settler colonialism, fossil fuel infrastructure, and climate crisis communication within their religious communities.
- Richard Pittman Jr. (BA '18) is now the youth president of the NAACP of the Roy Wilkins Branch of Saint Paul, MN. He is a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. as well as an elder inside of the Church Of God In Christ, where he serves in multiple capacities.
- Ryan Heckman (BA '14) is now a grassroots gift officer at Headwaters Foundation for Justice where he inspires giving to support nonprofit organizations working at the root causes of social injustices in Minnesota. He is also a fundraising coach with Outstanding Returns, a national philanthropic advising group.
- Mayada Mahmoud (BA '12) is the administrative program manager for the Islamic Resource Group where she helps professional organizations facilitate IRG's mission to build bridges of understanding between Muslim Americans and the broader community through education.
- Sara-Jo Swiatek (BA '09) is now a PhD candidate in religious ethics at the University of Chicago Divinity School. Her dissertation project, tentatively titled "Religion within the Boundaries of Technicity," explores the conditions for the possibility of moral agency in the so-called Digital Age.
- Let religious studies be your path to an amazing future. Learn more about what you can do in religious studies, and what religious studies will do for you!