You Make Us Great
For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
The Department of Spanish & Portuguese Studies at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is widely recognized as a pioneer in the study of language and literature from interdisciplinary perspectives. At present we are undergoing an exciting moment of renovation and growth. We are looking forward to further enhancing both undergraduate and graduate learning experiences through new courses, presentations, lectures, films, workshops, and opportunities for professional development and community outreach.
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding, and helps to maintain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your generous support for the Department of Spanish & Portuguese is more critical than ever. It helps us attract and retain the very best students despite decreasing funding from the state.
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: Faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we can compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- Program enhancements: Although we are attracting better students than even before, too many outstanding students choose other institutions. The deciding factor is often finances. Merit and need-based scholarships are essential to our success in recruiting these talented students.
Choose a Fund
To remain competitive, we need your support for undergraduate and graduate student fellowships and our annual fund.
- The Spanish and Portuguese Undergraduate Study Abroad Fund
This fund provides partial scholarships to bring a study abroad program within reach to students. We think it is important for language majors to have this transformative experience. Help support undergraduates who cannot afford this opportunity.
- The Spanish and Portuguese Graduate Student Fund
This fund provides fellowships that defray tuition and other related costs. Supporting this fund helps maintain the department's position as a leader in graduate training in Spanish and Portuguese.
- The Spanish and Portuguese Annual Fund
This fund supports department activities, including visiting speakers, guest lecturers, and various student activities.
Your gift can help support the next generation of leaders and thinkers.