Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D. : English, Harvard University, 1998.
- Medieval literature and thought
- EngL 8110 - The Canterbury Tales and Questions of Genre
- Law and Literature
- EngL 3110 - Introduction to Middle English Literature
- EngL 5100 - Intensive Survey of Middle English Literature
- EngL 3110 - Chaucer: The Canterbury Tales
- EngL 3960 - Junior-Senior Seminar: Allegory
- EngL 3001W - Textual Interpretation, Analysis, and Investigation
- British Literature to 1800
- Literary Theory from Plato to Modernism
- Lyric Poetry
Research & Professional Activities
- Department of English Graduate Placement Advisor: 2000 - 2001
- Department of English Undergraduate Scholarships Committee: 2002
- Program Committee, Medieval Academy of America: 2003
- Executive Committee, Center for Medieval Studies: 2000 - present
- Undergraduate Policy Committee, Department of English, Northwestern University: 1998 - 2000
- Department of English Undergraduate Studies Committee: 2001 - present
- Department of English Faculty Affairs Committee: 2000 - 2001
- Anatomy of Trade in Medieval Writing: Value, Consent, and Community. Farber, Lianna, Cornell University Press, Author, 2006. Link
- “Aquinas on Marriage.“ Aquinas and the Post-Modern World. Farber, Lianna, University of Notre Dame Press, Author, in press.
- “The Creation of Consent in Chaucer’s Physician’s Tale.“: Farber, Lianna, The Chaucer Review, 39.2 , 2004.
- he Ambivalences of Medieval Religious Drama by Rainer Warning: Farber, Lianna, 2002.
- Roosters, Wolves and the Limits of Allegory: Farber, Lianna, Essays in Medieval Studies, 17 81-94, 2001.
- The Language of Trade: An Idea and Its Uses in Late Medieval Britain. Farber, Lianna, book manuscript, none.
- Charles A. Ryskamp Research Fellowship, ACLS, 2008
- Graduate School Faculty Summer Research Fellowship, 2001
- McKnight Summer Fellowship, 2001
- Andrew Mellon Dissertation Writing Fellowship, 1996
- Mellon Summer Writing Fellowship, English Department, Harvard, 1995
- Prize Studentship, Centre for History and Economics, King's College, University of Cambridge, 1993 - 1994
- Samuel Colehour Scholarship, Harvard, 1992 - 1993
- Mellon Fellowship in the Humanities, 1991 - 1996
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowship, 1991 - 1995
- English Prize Fellowship, Harvard, 1991 - 1993