310 Pillsbury Dr. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Nathaniel Mills's research focuses on the political commitments of twentieth-century African American literature, specifically its engagements with the 1930s-1950s Communist left and with political movements of the Cold War and Civil Rights eras.
- PhD: English Language and Literature, University of Michigan
- MA: English, Syracuse University
- BA: American Studies / English and Textual Studies, Syracuse University
- 20th-century US and African American Literature
- Literature and Culture of the Great Depression
- The Literary Left and Communism in the US
- African American Studies
- Ralph Ellison, Richard Wright