For more information on ways to give, contact:
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of French & Italian:
- French/Italian Fund
This fund supports the Department of French and Italian at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, enhancing the quality of the department's research and educational activities.
- Madeleine and Armand Renaud Fellowship Fund
This fellowship, created by the late professor emeritus Armand Renaud and his wife, Madeleine, supports graduate students studying French.
- Department of French & Italian Undergraduate Study Abroad Fund
This fund supports study abroad opportunities for students learning a language in French or Italian speaking countries.
- Human Rights Fellowship in French
This fellowship supports graduate students studying French and participating in human rights research at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.