You Make Us Great
The Immigration History Research Center is a world-renowned interdisciplinary research center of migration, with a focus on immigration to the United States. Throughout the year the IHRC sponsors various events with university researchers and their international peers highlighting contemporary and past immigration issues.
Your generous support for the IHRC is more critical than ever. It helps us keep, attract and retain the very best scholars and students even during challenging economic times. Your tax-deductible gift helps us preserve our nation’s rich immigration history, lead path-breaking research, connect with communities, engage in public dialogue, and work with teachers and students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support our work:
- Rudolph J. Vecoli Endowed Chair in Immigration History
The Vecoli Chair, held by the director of the IHRC, is named for long-time IHRC Director Rudolph J. Vecoli, and provides for research, curriculum support, and director-led special initiatives. Recent projects supported by the endowed chair include:
- Immigrant Stories Digital Storytelling Project
- Erika Lee, America for Americans: A History of Xenophobia in the United States (Basic Books, 2019)
- COVID-19 & IMMIGRANT AMERICA, a curated digital collection of news reports, data, perspectives, and other resources documents the health, economic, and social impact of COVID-19 on immigrant and refugee communities in the United States.
- IHRC Discovery Fund
This fund supports research, programming, and community engagement projects at the Immigration History Research Center, an interdisciplinary center within the College of Liberal Arts on the U of M Twin Cities campus.
- Recent projects supported by the general fund include:
- Global Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Monthly Seminar
- COVID-19 Immigrant Stories, digital stories documenting the experiences of immigrants and refugees during the global pandemic
The IHRC is critical to the University, our local community, and the world. Your gift can help support the next generation of leaders and thinkers.