Students wishing to declare a major or minor in linguistics should contact Brian Reese, Director Undergraduate Studies, to arrange a meeting. At this meeting, the major requirements will be reviewed and any questions about the program can be answered.
Schedule an Appointment
Director of Undergraduate Studies
S314 Elliott Hall
Please email for an appointment.
Specific questions include, but are not limited to:
- Course selection
- Academic interests and long-term goals
- Directed study
- Applying coursework from allied disciplines toward elective credits
- Extracurricular engagement
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- University policies and procedures
- Campus support resources
- Student transfer work
- Fulfilling major/minor requirements
To graduate with honors, you must be admitted to the University Honors Program (UHP) and must meet the honors graduation requirements. Linguistics majors who are enrolled in UHP have different requirements for completing their major or minor, so we advise that you maintain open communication with the linguistics Director of Undergraduate Studies and your honors advisor to making sure that you are on track.