Minnesota International Piano Camp
Minnesota International Piano Camp
August 7-17, 2019
Ferguson Hall, University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Career development advice
- Lectures (Concerto preparation, piano literature, lives and recordings of the great pianists)
- Injury prevention/wellness for pianists
- Special yoga sessions for pianists
Faculty & Guest Artists
To be announced.
- Morning stretch and basic yoga
- Practice: Each student will be supervised by experienced teachers and camp teaching assistants in morning practice sessions.
- Music Theory and History: Explore various levels of music theory and music history in fun, interactive sessions.
- Ensemble: Learn and be coached on introductory and intermediate piano ensemble pieces.
- Performance Class: Opportunity to perform prepared solo and duet pieces in front of classmates. Listen to some of our faculty’s live performances
- Performance opportunities at the Minnesota International Piano Camp Showcase Concerts. Attendance at various concerts by Faculty, Guest Artists, and Young Rising Stars.
- Supervised Educational Outings: Weisman Museum at University of Minnesota, Piano Museum (Schubert Club) in Saint Paul
- Ice cream party
Director: Dr. Kyung Kim, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
Pre-College Program Coordinator: Dr. Jayoung Hong, Piano Faculty, University of Nebraska
Guest Master Class Clinicians:
Dr. Jo Anne Link, Crocus Hill Studios, Saint Paul
Dr. Joseph Zins, Crocus Hill Studios, Saint Paul
Dr. Sung-Soo Cho, Piano Faculty, New York University
Dr. Grace Choi, Piano Faculty, North Hennepin College
Dr. Kevin Hobbs, Piano Faculty, North Hennepin College
Dr. Michael Kim, Director and Professor, University of Minnesota
Camp counselor: TBA
|10:00 am||Arrive at the School of Music (Ferguson Hall)
Meet teachers in the Lobby
|10:05 – 10:20 am||Basic stretching and yoga|
|10:30 – 11:15 am||Private lessons/ensemble/practice time|
|11:15 –11:30 am||Break (supervised by camp staff)|
|11:30 am –12:10 pm||Music Theory/History, Fun and Games, special presentations and activities (Keyboard Lab, Room 265)|
|12:10 – 1:30 pm||Lunch, escorted and supervised by camp counselor|
|1:30 – 2:30 pm||Observe Guest Master Classes|
|2:40 – 3:30 pm||Performance Classes for pre-college students|
|3:30 – 3:50 pm||Snack time (provided by MIPC)|
|3:50 – 4:00 pm||Students who commute daily:
Parent pick up (Pre-college students must be picked up by 4 pm at the latest)
|4:00 – 5:30 pm||Students who stay in the dormitory: Practice time/free time|
|5:30 pm||Dinner/free time|
|7:30 pm||Attend concerts/practice/free time|
General Program Schedule
Other Master Classes, lectures, guest artist performances TBA; schedules and guest artists subject to change.
Application & Cost
Tuition: $700 USD (2018 rate, may be updated)
Limited, partial tuition scholarship assistance available based on evidence of financial need. Submit statement of financial need for consideration, all aid decisions are final and non-appealable.
Application deadline: May 15, 2019. Please complete our application form, then mail your tuition to:
University of Minnesota School of Music
100 Ferguson Hall
2106 Fourth Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Please make your check payable to the University of Minnesota with the participant name in the memo line, check deadline June 15, 2019.
- Single room: $390 USD for 12 nights (based on 2018 rate, may be updated)
- Double room: $340 USD for 12 nights (based on 2018 rate, may be updated)
- Additional nights can be arranged upon request, and with advanced payment
- Breakfast: $9.16
- Lunch: $10.72
- Dinner: $11.32
There are several reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance of the School of Music. See restaurant guide for nearby dining options.
Contact Kyung Kim at email@example.com.