2023 Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award Recipients
Congratulations to CLA's Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award recipients:
Each year the College of Liberal Art recognizes select instructors who are outstanding teachers of undergraduate students, rewarding their passion and commitment to teaching. The Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award acknowledges non-tenure-track instructors who:
- Inspire their students and genuinely care about their progress.
- Are approachable and accessible to their students.
- Show an interest in individual students’ well-being and in programs for the benefit of students generally.
- Give of themselves generously in advising, counseling, and directing projects.
- Create an active classroom atmosphere.
- Provide a model for undergraduate students through their own research and teaching, and leave an impression by their efforts which alumni recall with appreciation and esteem.
- Demonstrates distinguished teaching through scholarly mastery of material as evidenced by productivity and pedagogical sophistication.
- Made significant contributions, such as developing new courses, organizing or reorganizing curricular programs, or improving teaching methods and techniques.
CLA faculty and staff have been awarded many prestigious awards. Visit our Faculty of Distinction page to learn more.