Four CLA Alumni Receive Honors for Service
Pictured left to right: Natasha Freimark, Edith Johnson, Jörg Pierach, Sandra Wiese
Each year, University of Minnesota alumni and networks are recognized for their contributions at our Alumni Awards Affair during Homecoming week. Congratulations to four CLA alumni who have earned Alumni Service Awards for 2019.
- Natasha Freimark (BA '95) is an energetic and engaged volunteer and mentor in the field of marketing. She served on the UMAA Board of Directors, co-chairing the Student and Recent Alumni Council.
- Edith Johnson (BA '77), a tireless community volunteer, single-handedly started the UMAA's Las Vegas Network, which serves more than 900 alumni in the area.
- Jörg A. Pierach (BA '89) provides paid internships at his creative agency for U students, lent his expertise to a student-run marketing firm and developed a new scholarship fundraising event.
- Sandra Wiese (BA '81) is a former chair of the UMAA Board of Directors, led several committees and held numerous other positions in her several years of service. She also volunteers on other U and community boards and organizations.
Also recognized for service to the University are recipients of:
- Distinguished Leadership Award for Internationals
- Advocate of the Year
- U40 Alumni Leader
- Program Extraordinaire
- Alumni Society of the Year
- Alumni Network of the Year