Nominate Your Former Professor for Teaching Award
The College of Liberal Arts is now accepting nominations for the Arthur “Red” Motley Exemplary Teaching Award. This award recognizes faculty who exemplify the highest standards of teaching and scholarship and who have enhanced the lives of University of Minnesota Twin Cities College of Liberal Arts students.
The award is named for Arthur “Red” Motley, who was an alumnus of the University, a charter member of the University of Minnesota Foundation and a recipient of the University’s highest honor, the Regents Award. In keeping with the qualities embodied by Red Motley, this award is designed to recognize top educators who demonstrate their passion and commitment to teaching.
Think of a professor who made a difference for you by:
- Being a model to you through their research or teaching
- Being approachable, showing interest in the well-being of students and a commitment to programs that benefit students
- Giving generously in terms of advising, counseling or directing projects
- Creating an active and lively classroom atmosphere
- Leaving an impression on you that you recall with appreciation and esteem
If these qualities make you think of one of your CLA professors, nominate them for the Motley Award!
To be considered for this award, faculty must be nominated by five current and/or former students. Please complete this form to nominate an outstanding CLA faculty member: Motley Award Nomination 2019-2020.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!