Tenure-Track Faculty Writing Award
The Center for RIDGS (Race, Indigeneity, Disability, Gender, and Sexuality) Studies is offering a limited number of awards, in the form of one-semester course buyouts, to junior faculty members working in RIDGS areas who are near completion of a book or other manuscript. We prioritize faculty in RIDGS departments/units.
This award is intended to provide the crucial time required to focus on and complete a major writing project. We encourage applications from junior faculty members in their third, fourth or fifth year of the tenure track.
Guidelines and Review Process
- The course buyout will need to be used either in fall 2023 or spring 2024.
- A committee of faculty from RIDGS departments and programs will review applications and determine awards based on eligibility, merit, and demonstrated need. Selected applicants will be informed by April 5.
- Factors involved in determining award recipients include:
- Relevance and proximity of the work to RIDGS fields
- Demonstrated need of the award and quality of work plan
- Importance of the project to receiving tenure or other retention-related considerations
1. Download and fill out the RIDGS Ruby Pernell Tenure-Track Faculty Writing Award Application Form (PDF), including an endorsement from your department chair.
2. Prepare a 1–2 page description of your project.
3. Prepare a 1–2 page work plan describing how you would use the awarded time to complete your project.
- 4. Please combine all of these documents into one PDF document. Email that PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday, March 3.
The RIDGS Ruby Pernell Tenure-Track Faculty Writing Award submission deadline is March 3 at noon (Central Standard Time).
Applicants will need to download and submit the RIDGS Tenure-Track Faculty Writing Award Application Form for consideration.
For questions, please email email@example.com.